Friday, February 7, 2014

The Best Birthday Present Ever! - A New Linda Goodman Video


My good friend Lona Bartlett shot this video for me on Wednesday. It is titled The Best Birthday Present Ever! It is a story about patience, kindness, and love, all centered around  my 10th birthday.

I developed the story as part of a project I was doing for Arts On Wheels when I was living in Richmond, VA. An artist and I joined forces to bring senior citizens and upper elementary/middle school children together through art and story. I told this story to the entire group as a "story starter"  for the senior citizens. It reminded them of similar times in their own lives, and they shared their memories with the children with whom they were paired. The children then drew book cover illustrations for the stories they were told. Great fun! Great bonds developed between young and old.

I think Lona did a great job videotaping this story. A good friend is better than gold.

To watch the video, click on the link below.



8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story Linda! I loved the unexpected, and touching, ending. Beautifully told - as always. And you look fabulous. It is an all around winner! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Geraldine. It is a fun story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fine story! It was well told. It brought back memories of times when we could not always get what we wanted right way and of family love and, of course, my own first bicycle. Good job,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Mike. We never forget our first bicycle.

      Delete
  4. True, we don't! I grew up with used bikes until I got to my teens. I remember looking for a new bike, finding one, and my mum ordering it. I remember the smell, of the box, of the bike, of the oil as it was put together!
    Thanks for pulling that memory back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it marvelous, the way storytelling touches all the senses?
      Thanks for reading AidanB.

      Delete
  5. AW! Yet another great story to inspire the sisters here to kindness toward one another! LOVE THIS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete