All Virginans who are registered to vote should receive a new voter registration card by the end of the first week in October. If you have not registered, you must do so by October 15 to vote in this year's elections. If you are not sure whether or not you are registered, you can check your registration status at www.sbe.virginia.gov.
When you vote, you must bring at least one valid ID to the polls. Contrary to popular opinion, your ID does not have to be a photo ID. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- A Virginia voter registration card
- A Social Security Card
- A valid Virginia driver's license
- Any other ID card issued by an agency of the Commonwealth, one of its political subdivisions, or the United States
- Any valid student ID card issued by a Viginia Institution of higher education
- A valid ID card issued by an employer containing a photograph of the voter
- A current copy of a utility bill with voter's name and address
- A current copy of a bank statement with the voter's name and address
- A current copy of a government check with the voter's name and address
- A current copy of a paycheck that shows the voter's name and address
- A concealed handgun permit.
If you have questions or problems voting, call 1-866-OUR-VOTE (1-866-687-8683).
The future plot twists in your country's story will be affected by your vote in one way or another. Please educate yourselves about the issues, listen to what all of the candidates have to say, and vote your conscience.
The above information was provided by The Martin Luther King, Jr History & Public Policy Center